Travel back in time during a day trip to the mysterious Maya ruins of Tulum. Uncover the secrets of this ancient civilization as you tour the archeological site with a guide, enjoy some free time to dig your toes into the sand of Tulum’s picture-perfect beach and then take a refreshing dip in a scenic cenote.
After you’re picked up from your hotel, ride along jungle-fringed roads to Tulum, a walled Maya city perched on the coast above the crashing waves of the Caribbean. En route, your guide shares facts about the ancient Maya and the trade routes that crisscross the Yucatan.
Once you arrive, enter the archeological site to explore the mysteries of this fascinating and well-preserved city. Listen to theories about Maya rituals, worship, and daily life as you walk around the site’s clifftop Castillo.
From the site, you can look out over the coast and Tulum’s famous stretch of long white sand. After your tour, have some free time to take photos, go for a walk along the beach, or take a dip in the balmy turquoise waters of the Caribbean before exploring a mystical freshwater cenote.
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- You must be 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Adults visiting Chichen Itza must pay an admission fee of 30 USD (600 pesos) per person for international visitors and 12 USD (240 pesos) for Mexican citizens. A fee of 5 USD (100 pesos) applies to children regardless of nationality. Fees are payable on the day of the activity.
- Hotel pickup is available, if purchased, from most Cancun and Riviera Maya hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- If you are staying at Costa Mujeres area, please note that the tour operates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- If you book an option with hotel pickup, you will receive confirmation of your exact pick-up time when you call to confirm your reservation. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- If you did not select an option with hotel pickup, please meet at Captains Cove, located in Cancun Hotel Zone.
- Due to Health and Safety measures, food and drinks will not be served aboard the bus.